INSPIRE Conference 2010 under the theme 'INSPIRE as a Framework for Cooperation'
The INSPIRE Conference will be organised from 23 to 25 June 2009 through a series of plenary sessions addressing common policy issues and parallel sessions focusing in particular on applications and implementations of SDIs, research issues, new and evolving technologies and applications as well as poster presentations.
Pre-conference workshops will be organised on 22 June 2009.
Participation in the INSPIRE Conference is open to all individuals interested in or working in the field of SDI development and implementation.
The call for papers is open. Abstracts must be submitted by the deadline of 1 February 2009. Topics for which contributions are sought include, but are not limited to:
- INSPIRE Implementation: Legislative measures, coordination and organisational models;
- INSPIRE and the global context: Global Monitoring for Environment and Security, Global Earth Observation System of Systems, United Nations SDI;
- Thematic communities;
- Licensing frameworks;
- GeoPortals and registries;
- Social and economic impacts;
- Education and awareness raising;
- Trans-national SDI projects (including EU (co-)funded projects);
- New policies, new requirements, new stakeholders;
- New and Evolving tools and technologies.
The organisers are particularly interested in accounts of what works, and what does not work, what are perceived benefits for policy, public administration, citizens and the private sector.
Proposals will be evaluated by the programme committee and those accepted will be included in the online conference proceedings.
Event email: firstname.lastname@example.org